Congratulations! You’ve made it this far. Now it’s your chance to let the world know! Whether you’re hoping to get creative or to celebrate in a traditional way, share the good news of your accomplishments with these wonderful college graduation announcement ideas and cards!
Typical Information & Common Etiquette
Right before graduation, students are often stressed with final exams, papers, internships, and thesis or capstone projects. With all of this going on, it can be easy to be overwhelmed. Here are some quick tips to help you keep your graduation announcements fun and stress-free, just as they should be:
- Make a mailing list. Consult with your parents, a sibling, or a good friend to make sure you haven’t left anyone out!
- Information to include in your announcement. This often includes the name of your school, your degree, and your major.
- Additional things you may include. You may want to mention your minor(s) and concentration(s), any honors you’ve received, or your plans for after graduation!
- Include invitation essentials. If your announcement is an invitation to your commencement ceremony or graduation party, include the necessary information, such as date, time, and location. You may also want to use your announcement as a way to send tickets to the ceremony, parking passes, etc. Finally, remember to include an RSVP if necessary!
- Other etiquette to consider. Traditionally, graduation announcements are formal, so use titles such as “Mrs.” and “Dr.” when addressing your recipients. When writing out mailing addresses, spell out words such as “Street” (instead of “St”) or “Apartment” (instead of “Apt”).
- When should you send your announcements? If your announcement is an invitation, it should be sent at least two weeks in advance. If it’s just an announcement, it may be sent up to six weeks after the event.
Get Creative with Your College Graduation Announcements
Now that you’ve covered the basics, it’s time to get creative! What will your graduation announcements look like? Will you purchase special stationary from your university, or will you design your own?
- Include an Insert with Your Card: Pre-printed inserts can be a convenient and attractive way to let people know you’re graduating! You can either purchase inserts from a print shop or print them on some nice paper with your home printer! If you’re including your announcement information in the card itself, consider inserting other fun materials, such as tissue paper or confetti!
- Decorate the Envelope! You may order personalized stickers for your return address, a seal for the envelope, or other special decorations!
- Include a Picture. Everyone will love to see you in your cap and gown. Choose a scenic spot on campus and snap some photos, whether they’re professional or casual!
College Graduation Announcement Card Ideas
If you’re looking to get even more creative with your college graduation announcements, consider sending out some of our unique Falling Leaf Card Co. designs. From nature’s beauty to impressionistic and spiritual art, we’ve got a wonderful selection to choose from. Here are a few design collections that are perfect for college graduation announcements:
These beautiful blank cards will allow you to include your own personal message. Feel free to stock up for the rest of the year!
Don’t Forget Your Thank You Cards! If your relatives RSVP or send graduation gifts or cards, be sure to thank them! Lucky for you, we’ve got a great selection of Thank You Cards to choose from!
From Graduation to Wherever Life Takes You
You’ve worked hard to get here, and now you deserve something beautiful. Still looking for more college graduation announcement ideas and cards? Browse our full selection of Blank Greeting Cards and Box Card Sets, and celebrate success with Falling Leaf Card Co.!