In a previous post, we discussed some great Religious Easter Card ideas, but what about when it comes to the holiday messages and greetings you want to share? From beautiful Biblical Easter passages to poetic expressions of joy, here are some wonderful Easter holiday messages and greetings.
Spiritual Encouragement and a Commitment to Faith
Blue Mountain Lake Spiritual Encouragement Card from Falling Leaf Card Co.
Easter is an important time to celebrate the foundation of our faith: the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus. It is also a wonderful time to become more active in a commitment to our faith. Whether it’s by going to church more regularly, joining a Bible study, or volunteering with a local organization, try reaching out to others in your community during the Easter holiday. Keep in mind that hope may be difficult for some during this time, and be ready to offer spiritual encouragement.
Biblical Easter Holiday Messages
Dual Arch Stained Glass Easter Card from Falling Leaf Card Co.
Of course, one of the best ways to celebrate Easter is through scripture. As we continue to be active in our communities of faith, we can also be mindful of the different ways God chooses to share his message with us. Pay attention to the verses being shared at church on Sunday or discussed in a weekly Bible study. Listen to the lyrics of the hymns, psalms, and other Christian music. Take note of what moves your heart and what you wish to share with others this Easter:
- When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 (available in our Turquoise Stained Glass Easter Card)
- This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad! Psalm 118:24 (write into our Blank Dual Arch Stained Glass Window Card as a special holiday message)
- Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.” John 12:23–24
Poetic Easter Holiday Greetings
Rhododendron Greeting Card (Blank) from Falling Leaf Card Co.
T.S. Eliot may have called April “the cruelest month,” but there is no shortage of poetry celebrating the springtime. From flowers to Biblical themes, poets have given us an abundance of beauty. Here are a few poems to read and share as a perfect edition to a blank greeting card. You can find all of these verses online from the Poetry Foundation, Academy of American Poets, and other sites:
the green of Jesus
is breaking the ground
- from “spring song” by Lucille Clifton
all the pretty birds dive to the heart of the sky
all the little fish climb through the mind of the sea
(all the mountains are dancing; are dancing)
- from “when faces called flowers float out of the ground” by e e cummings
(a perfect poem to pair with our one of our Mountain Landscape cards)
Beauty is its own excuse for being
- from “The Rhodora” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
(a perfect poem to pair with our Rhododendron Greeting Card)
“For this is love, and nothing else is love,
The which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what ends He will,
But which it only needs that we fulfill”
- from “A Prayer in Spring” by Robert Frost
Easter Messages for Children, Adolescents & Teens
Cardinal Greeting Card (Blank) from Falling Leaf Card Co.
Children are often excited for Easter. While they may be eagerly awaiting a basket brimming with candy, it’s also a wonderful opportunity to share a beautiful greeting card. You may choose to share a poem (such as William Blake’s “The Lamb”) or a Biblical message (maybe the lyrics to a Sunday school song they enjoy singing). Whatever you choose, share a sincere holiday message of hope, joy, and love:
- You are the light of my life! Happy Easter!
- Jesus said, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
- Just as the flowers bloom, so too do our hearts as we become open to God’s grace and grow in his love. Happy Easter!
Easter Greeting Cards from Falling Leaf
Looking for more Easter holiday messages and greetings? Browse our full selection of Easter greeting cards, and be sure to check out our beautiful array of other spring designs: Crosses, Stained Glass Windows, Flowers, Butterflies, and Wild Birds. Happy Easter!